Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Orpheus and Eurydice

I need to walk away as Orpheus did, like my entire existence depended on it.
To walk away and to never look back, away from Eurydice, the very thing that my being clings to.
But Eurydice is not you. It is myself. I need to endure the long treacherous road from the Underworld, as the flames lap against my feet, and leave my self, even if it hurts, in the hope of finding this very self one day, but it is never a guarantee. There was never an option for me in this deal. I never had the upper hand and I was doomed before I even began. But the longer I wait, the greater I lose. Until there is nothing left of me.
This is why I need to walk away. To walk away from that piece of your self that was left there shattered, with no guarantee that you will get it back. Just a glimmer of hope is what the cruel world allows for us to continue, and that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment